Airflow polishing is a new hygiene cleaning method which combines three elements: air, jet water and sodium bicarbonate. Without damaging your teeth it can clean them effectively by improving your tooth brightness and giving you a sparkly fresh healthy mouth in a few minutes.
We provide Airflow treatments at Dental Solutions Lymm to help remove simple stains on the teeth generally caused by red wine, coffee, tea and smoking. This is a far superior method to the traditional scale and polish sessions where scraping tools are used taking much longer and sometimes being uncomfortable.
The Airflow treatment is not a teeth whitening treatment, what it does is polish all the surfaces of the tooth removing any discolouration, plaque or soft deposits. It can reach up to 5mm into periodontal pockets by using its powerful jet of water controlled by our hygienists.
1. Effective cleaning: removes stains and plaque by shooting a high pressured blast of water, bicarbonate and air through its small nozzle.
2. Patient’s comfort: no more scraping tools digging into your gums, with this new cleaning method the treatment is painless, fast and above all non-invasive.
3. For sensitive teeth: the absence of direct contact, heat and vibration makes this treatment ideal for those patients who have sensitive teeth.
4. Fast cleaning: research has shown that the Airflow polishing method is three times faster than any traditional method and it also causes less damage to the teeth.
5. Pre-orthodontic treatment: the Airflow method is ideal to use before any orthodontic treatment at Dental Solutions, as it cleans the tooth surfaces removing nearly 100 percent of bacteria and endotoxins making your teeth ready for any bonding procedure.
To book your appointment for the Airflow polishing treatment, please call us at Ph: 01925 756565.