– Are you considering orthodontic treatment, but don’t want traditional metal braces?
– Do you work in a professional environment where traditional braces could be distracting?
– Do you want to feel confident when smiling for photographs?
– Do you feel like you may be too old for braces, but really want a straight smile?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, then Invisalign® braces could be the orthodontic treatment that you are looking for!
How Do Invisalign® Braces Work?
The Invisalign® brace treatment works by straightening your teeth, without anyone knowing that you’re even having treatment!
Invisalign® braces use clear or ceramic aligners, brackets and braces. This means that your braces aren’t instantly obvious unless you decide to tell people of course! This is why Invisalign® braces are a popular choice for adults who want to straighten their teeth without compromising on their smile. Invisalign braces use a system that is virtually invisible in order to straighten teeth.
Here at Dental Solutions, we use an iTero Intraoral Scanner – some of the latest dental technology. This enables our dentists to take 3D impressions of your teeth and gums easily, safely and without the need for messy putty impressions!
The iTero scan should take around 5-10 minutes. After this, you will be able to immediately see on screen just how your teeth will move into place during your Invisalign® brace treatment. You’ll also be able to see how they will look afterwards. The iTero scan ensures that your aligners will be the perfect fit for your teeth during every stage of the process. This includes the retainers you’ll be provided with after treatment for your new smile is complete.
Following treatment for your Invisalign® braces in Warrington, a set of clear aligners are custom-made to fit your new teeth position. They look like thin, clear gum shields, which most people won’t even notice that you are wearing. We regularly treat patients aged 16 to 60, so age is no barrier to Invisalign® brace treatments, so long as you are dentally fit to start treatment!
How do you know if you qualify for Invisalign® in Warrington?
Invisalign® in Warrington is a fantastic way of transforming the appearance of your smile without everyone knowing, but it isn’t a solution that’s suitable for everyone. So how do you know if you’re likely to be eligible for Invisalign®?
Here’s a general list of criteria:
- You must have all your adult teeth.
- You’re old enough.
- You have good oral health (with no gum disease)
- You don’t require very complex orthodontics.
- You don’t have a lot of missing teeth.
Your dentist will be able to go through the set of criteria with you during your initial appointment and will thoroughly examine your teeth to make sure Invisalign would be the best fit for you and your smile. In cases where Invisalign® wouldn’t be your best match, we will work hard to find a suitable alternative to get you the smile you want.
How does Invisalign® compare to traditional braces?
There’s a reason why traditional braces have remained as popular as they have for so long, but with Invisalign in Warrington becoming more and more popular, it’s worth knowing how the two treatments differ:
- Invisalign® doesn’t use any metal wires or brackets but instead uses a soft aligner system that is bespoke to your teeth at every stage of the journey.
- Invisalign® is removable, so you can eat and brush your teeth more easily.
- Invisalign® is typically more comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign® can transform your smile in a shorter time frame compared to traditional braces.
Of course, it’s worth noting that traditional braces can be used to help with more complex orthodontic issues, whereas Invisalign® is better suited to simple issues. Your dentist will therefore always recommend what’s best for your specific needs.
In Person Consultation