At Dental Solutions Warrington, we have installed a dedicated dental implants suite at the practice for the comfort of our patients.
This means you will never have to leave our practice for any stage of your dental implants Warrington treatment. Our suite has the latest bespoke equipment ensuring our patients are relaxed and comfortable at every stage. Richard Brookshaw is one of a handful of surgeons in the country to place individual dental implants, same day smiles and highly specialised zygomatic dental implants. Richard works alongside our principal dentist Gavin Laidlaw, who restores the implants, and our friendly team of nurses who will look after you throughout your time at the practice.
Dental Solutions offers Conscious sedation for patients undergoing large implant placement procedures. We have a visiting Consultant Anaesthetist, Patrick Waits, who can provide this service onsite.
During your initial appointments with us we would assess your suitability for sedation, this suitability would then be confirmed with an assessment from our Consultant Anaesthetist prior to your dental implant Warrington treatment.
Conscious sedation bridges the divide between local and general anaesthetic. You won’t be completely unconscious, as with a general, but you’ll be in a state of deep, sleepy relaxation that means you’ll have very little awareness or memory of your dental procedure. The dentist will, however, be able to rouse you if required, to answer questions, for example.
For more information you can call or email the practice or mention you would like sedation upon booking your implant consultation.
What is a Dental Implant?
To replace a missing tooth, a titanium root is placed in the gum where your natural roots would have been sited, and a porcelain replacement tooth is bonded to it after a short healing period. There are different types of dental implants which can be used for different situations. Whether you are hoping to replace a single tooth or provide a stable foundation for a full denture, there’s a dental implant in Warrington for you.
Types of Dental Implants Warrington
- INDIVIDUAL: Do you have missing or loose teeth? Or perhaps you have a poorly fitting denture? Gaps in your teeth not only affect your self-confidence but also your dental health. Dental implants in Warrington are a surprisingly quick and simple way of filling those gaps, or steadying that rocking denture!
- ZYGOMATIC: Zygomatic dental implants in Warrington offer an alternative for patients for whom traditional dental implants are unsuitable. This is usually due to a lack of bone in the upper jaw. Instead, zygoma dental implants are used that are attached to the cheekbone instead of the jaw. “A far superior alternative to traditional dentures, and a faster alternative to complicated bone grafting procedures.” If you’ve been turned down for dental implants in the past, find out of you could be a suitable candidate for zygomatic implants.
- SAME DAY TEETH / All ON 4: You are now able to walk into our surgery and walk out with new teeth on the same day. Using “All on 4” dental implants in Warrington to support a fixed bridge, you can have solid teeth that you don’t need to take in and out to clean! Richard Brookshaw BDS, M. Med Sci performs all the Same Day Teeth dental implants here in Lymm.
- DENTURE: If you’re tired of loose-fitting dentures, denture implants in Warrington can help you with comfort and confidence. Denture implants are a type of dental implant that hold your dentures in place. There are two kinds, implant retained dentures and implant supported dentures.
- Implant-Retained Bridge: Implant-retained bridges resemble traditional ones in form and function, but they are anchored by implants and not natural teeth. In most instances, one implant is applied for each absent tooth, and the crowns are linked to form one piece.
Meet the Implant Team
Dr Gavin Laidlaw
BDS University of Manchester 1987
Gavin, BDS Manchester 1987, is the principal partner in Dental Solutions. He has led the team at the practice in Lymm for over 20 years. Gavin has been a dental practice owner for…
Dr Richard Brookshaw
BDS | MMedSci (Oral Surgery) | MPhil (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) | DipImpDent RCS Ed
He first qualified in 1996 from the University of Dundee. Then in 1999, he gained his Masters's degree in Oral Surgery from the University of Sheffield, and further extended his clinical qualification in…
This lady had extreme dental phobia, she had also lost confidence and never smiled…
This patient was very unhappy with the fact that he had a number of…
This lady was very unhappy with her unsightly front teeth, which were loose and…
This nice lady had a wonky smile line, and had lost two teeth as…
Back to Dental Implants
Do Teeth Implants feel natural?
Yes, but it does take some time! The process of getting dental implants fitted should be a pain-free, comfortable experience – but it will then take up to 12 weeks for the gums to heal and for your new teeth to really feel like your own.
For those first few weeks after you’ve had your implants fitted, your mouth will need to heal and adjust, and during this time you won’t have the freedom to eat and drink whatever you like whilst you give your implants a chance to settle. However, initial discomfort should be short-lived, and will be easily treatable with over-the-counter medication.
Who is not suitable for Dental Implants?
Those suffering from gum disease in any form will not be able to receive dental implant treatment. This is because periodontitis destroys the teeth, gums and bone structure, so implants would not be able to attach properly.
That being said, we know that gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, and so if this is something you’re suffering from, there is still a solution. We can work with you to treat your gum disease first, leaving behind a healthy mouth and a safe canvas for us to work with to design and fit your new dental implants. We may also be able to offer alternative dental implant treatments, such as our Zygomatic dental implants, which are a popular option for those who aren’t suitable for traditional implants.
How do I look after Dental Implants?
Perhaps one of the most appealing things about getting dental implants is that they are incredibly easy to look after once they’ve settled into your mouth. In fact, you can treat them pretty much just as you would your natural teeth, as long as you’re keeping up a great oral hygiene routine.
It is advised that you floss daily, particularly at the end of the day after eating to avoid any build-up of plaque from gathering under the gum line. You should also brush your teeth twice a day and be careful to avoid things such as smoking.
It is also important to keep up with your routine dental appointments, as it is during these that your dentist will have a chance to identify any issues before they become worse.
How much does it cost to replace all teeth with dental implants?
It’s no secret that dental implants can be a big investment, especially if you require a full mouth of them. However, here at Gavin Is My Dentist, we believe everyone deserves to smile with confidence, which is why we offer a range of finance options, including dental implant financing in Warrington, which starts from £46 per month, across 10 months – with 0% interest-free credit.
To find out more about our finance options, get in touch with our team on 01925 756565.